Maintenance Technician - BC Cintra
JR04486 - JOB_POSTING-3-3262
Posted on 26 September, 2023
Dallas, Texas (United States of America)
Who is NTE Mobility Partners and LBJ Infrastructure Group? The North Tarrant Express was the first design-build-finance-operate-maintain managed lanes project in Texas and consisted of the complete reconstruction of 13.3 miles of the existing I-820/SH-183 corridor between Dallas and Fort Worth. Since opening in October 2014, nine months ahead of the contracted completion date, the general highway lanes are experiencing a 70% decrease in congestion time and a 15% increase in average speed. With an Average Annual Daily Traffic (AADT) of 200,000, this Cintra-led project has doubled capacity and significantly improved mobility along this heavily congested corridor that traverses the heart of six cities through Northeast Tarrant County. The LBJ Express is currently the largest P3 operation in Texas and one of the largest ever undertaken in the U.S. With an Average Annual Daily Traffic (AADT) of 270,000, it is a regionally-significant transportation improvement project in North Texas that is relieving severe congestion in the dense urban area of north Dallas. In 2009, the Cintra-led consortium was selected to complete the design, construction, finance, operation, and maintenance of the project along I-635 and I-35E. Since opening in September 2015, approximately three months ahead of schedule, the general highway lanes are realizing a 60% decrease in congestion time and a 10% increase in average speed.
Summary: A Maintenance Technician operates automotive and maintenance equipment to transport material, equipment and maintenance personnel as well as performing skilled maintenance duties. Works with maintenance personnel, receives assignments from the Maintenance Supervisor or Manager and on occasion oversees subcontractors on various job assignments. You will guide or train less experienced personnel on equipment operation and roadway maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates assigned automotive equipment and construction equipment such as tractor, mowers, sweepers, flush trucks, tow trucks, bucket trucks and snow-plough trucks
- Inspects equipment for proper operating condition, makes minor repairs or adjustments, lubricates and assists in making repairs as required, includes minor welding repairs
- Performs miscellaneous skilled maintenance on the North Tarrant Express as required
- Performs miscellaneous duties, such as snow and ice control, general traffic control, pavement repair, landscaping, painting, re-lamping, miscellaneous barrier repairs and is subject to call for emergency maintenance service on a twenty-four (24) hour basis
- Performs miscellaneous building maintenance as required
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to fulfill those duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Experience & Certification:
- High school diploma, equivalent or higher
- 0 – 3+ years of experience in the maintenance or construction industries
- Previous experience with construction vehicles
- General knowledge of all roadway maintenance operations is desired
- Prefer ability to operate tow equipment
- Must possess a Class “A” Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with endorsement of air brakes, or a valid class “B” CDL permit with the above endorsement, or the ability to obtain a CDL within 30 days of employment.
- Effectively manage tasks and deadlines
- Ability to interact with colleagues in a team structure
- Must be able to multitask and problem solve within a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to take delegation of job tasks from supervisor
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment may be moderate to high at times given that the employee will be working around heavy machinery
- Some roadway travel required
- The employee must be able to individually lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Can be assigned to a scheduled shift as needed
- May be required to work off-hours on regularly scheduled basis
- Must be able to work in high places
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, drive and sit for long periods of time
- Must be willing/able to work in extreme weather conditions, heat, cold (including snow, sleet and ice), rain and flooded areas.
Webber - Traffic Control Laborer - Heavy CivilKaufman, TX, Texas (United States of America) Full time Production Posted on 1 March, 2024
Webber - Concrete Finisher - Webber Barrier ServicesHouston, TX, Texas (United States of America) Full time Production Posted on 29 February, 2024
Webber - Dozer Operator - Heavy Civil - Kemah, TXHouston, TX, Texas (United States of America) Full time Production Posted on 29 February, 2024
Maintenance Technician Lead - BC CintraCharlotte, North Carolina (United States of America) Full time Production Posted on 29 February, 2024
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch