JR02297 - JOB_POSTING-3-1338
Posted on 21 March, 2023
London, London (United Kingdom)
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 304 miles of tunnels, 11,930 miles of roads (including 2,485 miles of highways), 2920 miles of railroad lines (including 434 miles of high-speed railroads) and 16,994 miles of road maintenance and repair.
Location: Silvertown Tunnel Project, Greenwich
The Silvertown Tunnel project was awarded to the consortium Riverlinx CJV (Ferrovial Construction, BAM and SK) at the end of May 2019. This complex 5-year project will construct a twin-bore road tunnel under the Thames in east London which will link Silvertown to the Greenwich Peninsula. The Silvertown Tunnel aims to prepare for London’s future population growth and relieve the congestion and poor air quality around the 122-year-old Blackwall tunnel. It is the UK’s first road tunnel to have dedicated bus lanes, buses are all expected to be zero emission vehicles and will support the increasing demand for bus transport across Greenwich, Newham and Tower Hamlets.
The Silvertown Tunnel (STT) Project involves the construction of a twin-bore road tunnel with a Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM), providing a new connection between the A102 Blackwall Tunnel Approach on Greenwich Peninsula and the Tidal Basin Roundabout junction on the A1020 Lower Lea Crossing/ Silvertown Way.
ITS Engineer is required to be part and provide a support on site to the MEP team, as described on the job description below.
- Liaising with both, internal divisions and Subcontractors / supply chain partners and personnel, to help drive the project through to successful completion.
- Ensure that installed works follow the construction issue drawings and are compliant with Contract specifications otherwise raise required NCRs.
- Focuses team members on success and on overcoming obstacles to delivery.
- Ensure all works undertaken on site, are done so in a safe manner.
- Attend Health & Safety / Logistics daily briefings, with site teams / Subcontractors.
- Assure overall logistic and coordination enabling works to progress as planned.
- Programme: Ensuring that programme is maintained and where programme is slipping, advising in good time, so that appropriate action can be taken. Assess daily progress on site.
- Reviewing method statements risk assessments / ITPs / MAFs and making sure all these are in place and approved prior to commencement of any works.
- Quality Control: Check Quality Control files and documentation ensure snagging, testing, witnessing, and area handovers are completed on time and with paperwork presented, signed off and maintained for handover.
- Meetings for Progress and Quality: Attend meetings with Subcontractors. Where in a ‘chair’ role you are responsible for the drafting and issue of minutes in a timely fashion.
- Progressive monitoring and weekly reporting progress, on quality, programme, and risk issues to the MEP Department and completion of works, with supporting records and resolution of outstanding issues.
- Responsible for coordination of inspections and commissioning activities
- Assess progress on site to inform/verify subcontractor applications.
- Be available to undertake off-site inspections of proposed equipment and materials as may be deemed necessary by the Project Manager.
- Over 5 years’ experience in mechanical and other MEP installations desirable
- Experience in road projects desirable
- Holder of Mechanical Engineer’s Certificate – desirable
- Proficiency level in computer software such as Microsoft word, Excel, Adobe and planning tools.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion, and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills so we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.#Ferrovial #United Kingdom #entrylevel
Project PlannerHeathrow, Middlesex (United Kingdom) Full time Production Posted on 25 May, 2023
Project Controls EngineerHeathrow, Middlesex (United Kingdom) Full time Production Posted on 25 May, 2023
Asset Integrator & Handover ManagerHeathrow, Middlesex (United Kingdom) Full time Production Posted on 25 March, 2023
SCADA Site EngineerLondon, London (United Kingdom) Full time Production Posted on 23 March, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch