Posted on 6 February, 2023
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. The company has presence in 6 main markets. It is a member of Spain’s blue-chip IBEX 35 index and is also included in prestigious sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and FTSE4Good. We deliver value-driven, complex multi-disciplinary design and construction solutions across varied sectors worldwide, including transport, energy and water. Our people make this happen, bringing a diverse range of experiences, prospectives and backgrounds to fuel fresh thinking as we meet the unique needs of the clients and communities we serve. We are dedicated to exceeding expectations and leaving a sustainable legacy. At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals. As one of the industry’s most diverse organisations, our people bring a strong blend of local talent, international expertise and perspectives from all backgrounds. This drives innovation and fresh thinking required to set new standards of excellence.
Location : Chipping Warden
About FC Civils Solutions
FC Civils Solutions is an engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. We are a Spanish multinational company operating in 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK has 6 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2, Silvertown (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon.
We will look to bring turnkey building & civil solutions, as well as a provision for general construction needs to our Group’s companies’ projects within the UK. These projects span from airfield works (taxiways, runways, stands), to civils (roads, demolition works, underground and above ground structures), and MEP packages (services tunnels, lifts, life safety systems, fuel/fire mains).
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to the safety and health framework, policies and management system requirements and expectations.
- Develop and maintain an awareness of SHE hazards and associated risks and demonstrate a commitment to eliminate or minimise those risks.
- Understand and effectively undertake SHE accountabilities.
- Following the Project Procurement Procedure, producing ITT documentation for Package Procurement in a NEC Subcontract environment, including production of a procurement strategy for the Package. Liaising with Package Managers regarding scope, subcontract works information, programme and other information for insertion into ITT.
- Work in line with the Construction Department planning different phases of the project, defining the tasks in each them and determines the resources required in order to implement and execute the Company policies and procedures.
- Initiate and execute cost reduction initiatives.
- Managing the tendering process including carrying out tender duties and prepare pricing schedules in conjunction with the commercial team.
- Coordinate the different disciplines involved in the procurement process of the package (Quality, H&S, Legacy, Engineering, Planning, Industrial Relations, Environmental…) and ensure that competency and capability are assessed satisfactorily for all tenderers.
- Lead the technical and commercial evaluation of tender returns soliciting support from package managers, commercial team and others as required.
- Prepare NEC Subcontracts / supply agreements in accordance with the documented processes and ensure full execution is completed in a timely manner.
- Compilation and issuing of Recommendation to Award documents and ensuring approval following the Procurement Procedure.
- Attending Providers meetings and developing KPI’s to suit the project and deliverables and reporting.
- Provide weekly and period progress reports to the Procurement Lead.
- Achieve the SMART targets and objectives set by the Procurement Lead.
- Support the wider procurement team with the provision of specialist knowledge.
- Build and maintain relationships both internally and externally.
- Interface with key supply chain providers.
- Support the Procurement Lead in establishing long-term arrangements with supply chain providers.
- Co-ordinate and work with team to develop package specific Scope of Works documents where required.
- Represent Procurement at meetings (both internal and external to the Business).
- Chair meetings with sub-contractors and or suppliers when required by the Procurement Lead.
- Lead the handover of the procurement package to the Package Manager, Technical Lead and Subcontract Administrator to ensure that full expectations of the subcontract are transmitted.
- Evaluate subcontractors, suppliers and designer’s performance in conjunction with the Construction-Engineer Manager, H&S, Q&A, Environmental and others as required.
- Input the result of the procurement process for a certain package in the project procurement system.
- File and update all information related with the procurement of the package following established processes and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements and all relevant Company and Joint Venture policies and processes.
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Approving purchase orders and organizing and confirming delivery of goods and services.
- Performing risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
Key skills and experience
- Business experience especially gained in a comparable role with a Tier 1 contractor
- Having of awareness in commercial and financial services
- Provide positive leadership and direction to the Procurement department.
- People management experience, relationship management, ability to work collaboratively
- Strong analytical and planning skills
- Decision making, working under pressure, time management
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Ferrovial Construction UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and as such treats applications equally and recruits purely based on skills and experience.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion, and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills so we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
#ferrovialconstruction #United Kingdom #midseniorlevel
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch