Project Planner / Scheduler - Coffs Harbour
JR00068 - JOB_POSTING-3-73
Posted on 7 October, 2022
North Boambee Valley, New South Wales (Australia)
Ferrovial is one of the world’s leading infrastructure operators, committed to developing sustainable solutions. The company has presence in 6 main markets. It is a member of Spain’s blue-chip IBEX 35 index and is also included in prestigious sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and FTSE4Good. The aim of Ferrovial Corporation is to design the Company’s strategy, establishing global policies, guidelines and action guides related to the different functional areas of the Organization (Internal Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Legal, IT, Innovation, etc.), which subsequently are developed and adapted to the specificities of each Business Unit. Additionally, it performs a function of providing corporate services to the different companies of the group, while consolidating its information.
• Work as a key technical expert, providing guidance and project deliverables to the delivery team, ensuring that project planning activities are conducted in accordance with FGJV policies and procedures.
• Maintain, monitor compliance and seek improvement of the Project Management System and systems for data, document and record management
• Ensure monitoring and reporting of Project Controls processes are successfully set-up and implemented on projects.
• Interface with project team, partners, clients, stakeholders, consultants, designers, vendors, subcontractors for management of the planning function in accordance with established procedures
• Proactively lead a planning and controls culture across the project based on best practice and with a focus on risk management, cost control and Safety, Quality & environment.
• Identify the need for training in the use of planning and programming systems, project monitoring & controls and the interpretation of data and information generated • Reporting on schedules and revenue allocation and revenue and cash flow forecasting. • Reviewing and assisting with variations and claims.
• Supervise and develop engineering and design support assistants as required.
• Potential to work closely with project engineers and design teams across FCAU depending on demand.
Qualifications / Experience
• Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Construction management, Finance or a related field.
• At least 3 years’ experience in a project Scheduler or Planner role in the construction or major infrastructure industries, with particular focus on Tunnels, Bridges and highways.
• Relevant software experience such as AUTOCAD, Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, and Office.
• Previous experience in working within a project-oriented team on a major civil construction/infrastructure project.
• Preparedness to coordinate project and site meetings with tender teams, subcontractors and suppliers. undefined. Relevant Skills and Competencies The following training and skills will ensure that the incumbent is able to succeed and thrive in this role:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong client-focus and ability to work proactively with all types of stakeholders
• Strong attention to detail, analytical and numeracy skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to deal confidently and manage conflict and disputes with key internal and external stakeholders in a constructive manner
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
• Highly motivated and professional attitude
• Ability to deal with effectively and calmly with people and situations
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
A) General Responsibilities
• Continually maintain knowledge of, and comply with, all relevant Ferrovial Construction Australia (FCAU) policies and procedures
• Understand, uphold and comply at all times with the Ferrovial Group Code of Ethics
• Always represent FCAU professionally, positively and respectfully
• Seek out opportunities to demonstrate safety leadership to fellow employees, customers, subcontractors, suppliers and others
• Actively participate in continual improvement of FCAU’s systems, policies and processes
• Notify manager without delay of any injury or incident (safety, environmental, complaint) or hazardous event, situation or environment (whether involving/impacting self or others)
• Participate proactively and positively in safety activities including forums, drills, trials and inspections
• Take appropriate care of FCAU property including documents and data and ensure that confidentiality and security requirements are maintained at all times
• Ensure own fitness for work at all times in accordance with FCAU’s policy and support colleagues, in particular direct reports, in ensuring they are always fit to work safely
B) Position-Specific Responsibilities
• Proactively maintain an understanding of project management plans and associated variations to the scope of works.
• Developing Establishing and maintaining the master program in MS Project and/or Primavera P6;
• Contributing to the identification of and response to project risks and opportunities;
• Advising bid/project teams on our methodology strategies to achieve program and budget requirements;
• Establishing reporting mechanisms as a means of providing project KPI’s and project controls;
• Set up and monitor cost controls and management procedures and provide training as required for the Coffs Harbour project and others
• Assisting the project team in organising relevant approvals and permits as required
#ferrovialconstruction #Australia #entrylevel
Geotechnical EngineerNorth Boambee Valley, New South Wales (Australia) Full time Production Posted on 11 December, 2023
Project Civil Engineer - Coffs HarbourNorth Boambee Valley, New South Wales (Australia) Full time Production Posted on 5 October, 2022
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch