Posted on 28 November, 2022
Middlesex, United Kingdom
Quality & Environment
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 304 miles of tunnels, 11,930 miles of roads (including 2,485 miles of highways), 2920 miles of railroad lines (including 434 miles of high-speed railroads) and 16,994 miles of road maintenance and repair.
Location: Heathrow Airport
Ferrovial Construction has been working at Heathrow Airport for over 10 years delivering some of the most complex infrastructure projects to high quality, safety and environmental standards. We have focused on design and build projects with a mix of contractual arrangements. This has enabled us to refine our management procedures in response to Heathrow’s Employers Requirements and Ferrovial Construction own internal management systems. Since joining Heathrow’s framework in 2014, Ferrovial Construction has delivered a variety of airside and landside projects across the whole airport. For example, we have delivered new taxiways and rehabilitated existing taxiways and the southern runway. We have also redeveloped sterile and grass areas and replaced critical assets, such as fire main, fuel main and HV ducts. We are currently working alongside Heathrow to rehabilitate assets whose design life has expired and on the planning of a runway resurfacing project. We are constantly designing and planning our works around critical assets and engaging with different key stakeholders in order to deliver Heathrow value for money.
Duties will include:
• Assist the Q6 Quality Manager in ensuring that the HAL Employer’s Requirements for Quality Management are followed at Q6 Projects.
• Primary point of contact on site, regarding all quality control/assurance aspects.
• Assist the project team and Site team to ensure the implementation of Right First time
• Perform relevant and required engagement with the team to reinforce the Quality Culture (such as: Quality inductions, Quality Circles, lessons Learn Event, Tool box Talks, etc.)
• Facilitating quality inductions to the Work Packages team including suppliers.
• Prepare the relevant documented information for these engagements
• Ensure that Inspection and Test Plans are accepted before work starts.
• Review and maintain the inspection and Test plan and relevant inspection Sheet or other Quality forms
• Develop Quality forms
• To coordinate quality documentation and effect their implementation by liaising with construction and departmental managers regarding Quality requirements.
• Review, manage and submit the H&S File (Part A, B and C)
• Promote and maintain the Right First Time/continuous improvement culture on site.
• To initiate, monitor and record effective corrective actions and control of non-conformances. Annalise the trends, and report accordingly.
• Perform relevant investigation of root cause analysis, defects and other issues related to Quality
• To review, update and distribute the Works Package Quality documents, including Site records and testing.
• Ensure timely execution of benchmarking events with the Employer.
• Maintain the technical verification plan, Quality Register, Quality Technical Verification plan, QA Registers and other relevant Quality Documentation
• Ensure any record of quality assurance are correctly presented and relevant.
• Update the Quality Management plan when required
• Assist during the Audits, and compile the relevant documentation to close them
• Update the document control Environment (Tracker, Field View and 4project)
• Be part of FAUK Values
• Be committed to Innovate
• Ensure that all Works Package quality registers and trackers are in place, addressed and updated regularly. Cooperate with Q6 Doc Controllers.
• Facilitating weekly quality sessions with Work Packages team including suppliers.
• Maintain a strong focus on key quality issues on site.
Production Civil / Building Engineering background as Site Engineer or similar.
Cooperative and committed
Experience in Aviation sector, knowledge of systems required for Airport operation
Excellent communication skills and ability to interact at a variety of levels throughout Ferrovial.
Valid CSCS card to enable going on site working with site technicians.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion. We see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. Flexible working arrangements will be considered.
We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.#Ferrovial #United Kingdom #associate
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch