Utilities Design Coordinator
Posted on 5 December, 2022
London, United Kingdom
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 304 miles of tunnels, 11,930 miles of roads (including 2,485 miles of highways), 2920 miles of railroad lines (including 434 miles of high-speed railroads) and 16,994 miles of road maintenance and repair.
Utilities Design Coordinator
The Silvertown Tunnel project was awarded to the consortium Riverlinx CJV (Ferrovial Construction, BAM and SK) at the end of May 2019. This complex 5-year project will construct a twin-bore road tunnel under the Thames in east London which will link Silvertown to the Greenwich Peninsula. The Silvertown Tunnel aims to prepare for London’s future population growth and relieve the congestion and poor air quality around the 122-year-old Blackwall tunnel. It is the UK’s first road tunnel to have dedicated bus lanes, buses are all expected to be zero emission vehicles and will support the increasing demand for bus transport across Greenwich, Newham and Tower Hamlets.
The Silvertown Tunnel (STT) Project involves the construction of a twin-bore road tunnel with a Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM), providing a new connection between the A102 Blackwall Tunnel Approach on Greenwich Peninsula and the Tidal Basin Roundabout junction on the A1020 Lower Lea Crossing/ Silvertown Way.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to the safety and health framework, policies and management system requirements and expectations.
- Develop and maintain an awareness of SHE hazards and associated risks and demonstrate a commitment to eliminate or minimise those risks.
- Understand and effectively undertake SHE accountabilities.
- Leading full process of getting a Utilities Diversion Design in place and accepted by Utility Company, including:
- Procurement of external design services: generation of scope of works document and assistance of procurement team during tender and award
- Manage an appointed designer from contract award to completion of design
- Liaison with Utility Company to get Utility Company approval of design
- Support Construction Delivery Teams during execution of Utility Diversion, providing post-design assistance resulting in further engagement and coordination with Utility Company
- Coordination with Construction Delivery Teams and Utility Company
- Setting up of Design Management information control systems and ensuring design is received to scheduled dates, accurate, as per applicable norms and standards.
- Identify risks and opportunities
- To monitor and assess staff capability and performance
- Budget forecast and cost control of consultant
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements and all relevant Company and Joint Venture policies and processes.
Key skills and experience
- Experience in Design & Build projects
- Experience in PPP-Public Private Partnership projects
- Experience using AutoCAD/AutoDesk Civil 3D, Navisworks, ProjectWise, A-Site
- Demonstrates a track record of delivering high client satisfaction within a design environment
- Must demonstrate experience in Utilities Design management, Utility Company requirements and utilities regulations such as NRSWA 1991HUAC, NRSWA Cost Sharing Regulations and NJUG Guidelines; examples of Utility Companies with presence in project: TWUL-Thames Water, Gas companies SGN, Cadent, Telecoms: BT, Virgin
- Must be able to inspire confidence and manage consultants
- Good financial management experience
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Must be able to work in a team
- Responsive to meet design submission deadlines
- Presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Experience of working in an international organization
- Experience of working in big scale projects
- Experience of engaging and coordinating with multidisciplinary teams
- Experience in role responsibilities delivery under tight programme
- Experience in managing and leading a team
- Good reporting skills
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion, and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
#Ferrovial #United Kingdom #associate
Agent (Civil Engineer)Middlesex, United Kingdom Full time Production Posted on 21 December, 2022
Project Manager (Civils)Middlesex, United Kingdom Full time Production Posted on 21 December, 2022
Sub Agent (MEP Engineer)Middlesex, United Kingdom Full time Production Posted on 21 December, 2022
Sub-Agent Civil EngineerMiddlesex, United Kingdom Full time Production Posted on 15 December, 2022
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch