Webber - Dozer Operator - Heavy Civil - Lubbock, TX
JR05653 - JOB_POSTING-3-4863
Posted on 18 January, 2024
Lubbock, TX, Texas (United States of America)
Founded in 1963, Webber is a leading construction company that specializes in heavy civil, waterworks, energy and infrastructure management and is dedicated to safely providing intelligent solutions to its clients and community.Webber is headquartered in Houston, Texas, with offices and projects in the United States and Canada. Webber supports a wide range of project models to meet client needs, including traditional design bid build, design build, alternative delivery models and public private partnership (P3) solutions. Webber also has an in-house engineering services department to help optimize building efficiency and quality while solving complex project challenges using field experience, innovative construction methods and BIM technology. As a subsidiary of Ferrovial, Webber has access to a global network of skilled engineers, best-in-class technology and vast resources.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
Operates a crawler tractor with a bulldozer mounted in front of chassis to level, distribute and push earth or other material.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Start engines, move throttles, switches, and levers, and depress pedals to operate machines.
- May operate a ripper attachment to break up rock or other hard material.
- May use a push block on front of tractor to push load scrappers.
- Take actions to avoid potential hazards and obstructions such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, and falling objects.
- May oil, grease, or otherwise service the machine.
- Make necessary adjustment to equipment as needed.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Less than a High School Diploma and related construction experience
- Outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions (for instance, rain, sun, snow, wind, etc.)
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY LEVEL
- Heavy physical activity performing strenuous day activities of a primarily productive/technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Customer Service RepresentativeManassas, VA, Virginia (United States of America) Full time Production Posted on 22 February, 2024
Webber - Crane Operator (Telescoping Boom) - Heavy Civil - Lubbock, TXLubbock, TX, Texas (United States of America) Full time Production Posted on 22 February, 2024
Webber - CDL Driver (Water Truck) - Heavy Civil - Lubbock, TXLubbock, TX, Texas (United States of America) Full time Production Posted on 22 February, 2024
Project Engineer (Civil & Transportation Engineering)Austin, TX, Texas (United States of America) Full time Production Posted on 21 February, 2024
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch