JR05305 - JOB_POSTING-3-4448
Posted on 11 December, 2023
North Boambee Valley, New South Wales (Australia)
Accounting & Reporting
Ferrovial is one of the world’s leading infrastructure operators, committed to developing sustainable solutions. The company has presence in 6 main markets. It is a member of Spain’s blue-chip IBEX 35 index and is also included in prestigious sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and FTSE4Good. The aim of Ferrovial Corporation is to design the Company’s strategy, establishing global policies, guidelines and action guides related to the different functional areas of the Organization (Internal Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Legal, IT, Innovation, etc.), which subsequently are developed and adapted to the specificities of each Business Unit. Additionally, it performs a function of providing corporate services to the different companies of the group, while consolidating its information.
We are looking to engage an Accountant to join our team to deliver quality accounting, reporting and financial support to key internal and external stakeholders, as well as supporting the control of all financial aspects of the Coffs Harbour Bypass project.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
• Liaise and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders on the accounting and financial issues when required.
• Review and process each expense report to verify the authenticity and ensure that they comply with the reimbursement policy.
• Compile and assist in the preparation of financial statements, including but not limited to income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records, including transactions, ledgers and other financial documents ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Assist in audit activities and encourage enhancement to control protocols. • • • Liaise with external auditors by providing the required backup for the general ledger entries.
• Manage the accounts payable process, including processing invoices and issuing payments, as well as monitoring and collecting outstanding balances. • • • Assist with reporting highlighting key financial metrics, performance indicators and any significant insight or trends.
• Reconcile bank statements, credit card statements and other financial accounts to ensure transactions are accurately recorded and accounted for in the project’s financial records.
• Support project planning and control processes throughout the year, including budget review, long-range plan, monthly forecast, and variances analyses.
•Continuously propose and support the team process workflow improvement initiatives.
• Other duties that may be assigned which commensurate with the above, commensurate with your skills and qualifications, or mutually agreed between you and the line manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance related qualification.
• Minimum of 3 years’ working experience in the Finance industry.
• Proven communication skills and ability to manage stakeholders’ expectations.
• Excellent organisational skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and on budget.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Previous experience in working within a project-oriented team.
• Extensive knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion, and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills so we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch