Construction Management Co-Op
JR04401 - JOB_POSTING-3-3139
Posted on 18 September, 2023
Atlanta, GA, Fort Worth, Mississauga, ON, San Antonio, Georgia, Ontario, Texas (Canada, United States of America)
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 304 miles of tunnels, 11,930 miles of roads (including 2,485 miles of highways), 2920 miles of railroad lines (including 434 miles of high-speed railroads) and 16,994 miles of road maintenance and repair.
Ferrovial Construction US. is seeking talented civil engineering students to conduct their cooperative education experience from several of its affiliated projects in the United States. Ferrovial Construction US. will provide engineering student practical experience that will aid in progressing their careers in Engineering and Construction Management. Ferrovial Construction US. is rapidly expanding its presence in the United States and looking to cultivate future leaders who demonstrate a collaborative attitude, innovation, and strong drive for results.
Ferrovial is the world's leading private investor in transportation infrastructures, with activities in construction, management, maintenance, and services. Ferrovial has a workforce of more than 4,000 people across the US and over 20,000 around the world and operations in more than 15 countries. Ferrovial Construction is the construction division of the company and is involved in all areas of construction, namely civil works, building, and industrial works around the world. Within the context of civil works, the company designs and builds all types of infrastructures such as roads, railways, hydraulic projects, maritime works, hydroelectric works, and industrial projects.
Within the North America, Ferrovial Construction has been awarded contracts in an amount exceeding $18 Billion USD and has completed projects in Ontario Canada, Indiana, North Carolina, and Texas, USA and is currently overseeing the construction of highways in California, Georgia, New York, Virginia, Texas and Toronto, Ontario. The company is pursuing dozens of additional heavy civil projects throughout the Unites States and Canada. Ferrovial Construction is headquartered in Austin, Texas and has managed some of the country’s largest, most complex transportation projects in the United States.
Position Summary: The position of Construction Management Co-op will provide technical and functional support to construction activities in the field.
- Perform quantity take-offs.
- Perform cost estimates.
- Prepare labor schedules.
- Order and Receive materials, supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Process change orders.
- Recommend solutions to design changes throughout construction process.
- Manage subcontractor scope of work respective to various contracts.
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in civil engineering, Construction Management/Science, or equivalent in an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Co-ops are not enrolled in academic courses during their co-op rotation and may work up to 40 hours per week
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
- Ability to work full-time during the months of January to June or June to December.
- Demonstrated qualities of leadership and hard work
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents, drawings, and specifications
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess strong attention to detail and can work in a fast-paced environment; an eagerness to learn and apply your engineering skills to develop creative problem-solving designs/ideas
- Strong commitment to high standards, integrity, and ethics
- Must have the willingness to relocate to any of our locations
Please note, this 6-month co-op role is available in affiliated project companies of Ferrovial Construction US Corp. in locations including Fort Worth, Texas; San Antonio, Texas; Atlanta, Georgia
Compensation: Hourly wage plus monthly housing stipend
Civil Project Management InternAtlanta, GA, Austin, TX, Fort Worth, Mississauga, ON, San Antonio, Georgia, Ontario, Texas (Canada, United States of America) Full time Support Posted on 6 September, 2023
Associate Project ManagerAtlanta, GA, Austin, TX, Fort Worth, Mississauga, ON, New York, NY, Georgia, New York, Ontario, Texas (Canada, United States of America) Full time Support Posted on 6 September, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch