Field Systems Technician - BC Cintra
JR01360 - JOB_POSTING-3-596
Posted on 11 January, 2023
Dallas, Texas (United States of America)
The $1.6 billion North Tarrant Express 35W project spans 10.1 miles from I-30 in downtown Fort Worth to just south of the North Tarrant Parkway. The project is operated and maintained by a Cintra-led consortium. This project has improved mobility by adding additional road capacity through a combination of general highway lanes and continuous frontage roads, along with tolled express lanes that use variable pricing to keep traffic moving.
What makes us different? Our people come first. We want every single employee to develop both professionally and personally. With a strong focus on growth potential, we look to our internal employees as potential candidates for both national and international opportunities. We aim to achieve greatness by promoting from within every chance we get. We work hard and play hard and strive every day for success and achievement. With a diverse group of professionals working in a fast-paced environment, we achieve milestones constantly. And if that weren’t enough, we also offer our employees highly competitive insurance benefits, Paid Time Off, and a matching 401(k) program.
Your next calling:
As a ITS Field Systems Technician you will have the opportunity to perform servicing, repair and/or installation of Toll Collection Systems (TCS). The Field Service Technician provides field support including troubleshooting and repair of electronic equipment, systems, and wiring; installation of equipment; upgrades, modifications, programming; preventive maintenance actions and documentation.
Functions key to success:
- Identification of potential exceptions through the use of automated control reports, analysis of system data and trends, discussions with external service providers or analysis of external interface data and discussions with the system maintenance provider
- Respond to corrective maintenance requests and alarms within the allotted time frame
- Isolate faults in units and/or components
- Diagnose and repair hardware, software and system issues
- Complete work order reports and logs
- Perform shift-to-shift communications in accordance with established policies, procedures and local practices
- Actively escalate system issues and systemic problems to system maintenance.
- Collaborate with system maintenance on approach to resolve issues.
- Review proposed changes to the system.
- Support testing and verification of system changes after implementation.
- Installation, preventive and corrective maintenance of toll collection equipment to include lane controllers (servers & PC hardware), RFID, power supplies, closed circuit television cameras, microwave vehicle detectors, network components (routers, switches, cabling) and dynamic message signs
- Maintenance of spare equipment and parts including inventory management and documentation
- Installation of electrical conductors, data conductors, and fiber optic cable
- Connection of electrical conductors to power services to energize equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you bring to the table:
You’ve worked hard to achieve success in your career, now put it to use. If you have a Bachelor’s degree in IT, Electrical Engineering, Military Training, or in a related field, you are half way there with the needed abilities for this position. Have you been working for at least 5-8 years in the fields of field support, information technology, tolling systems and/or intelligent transportation systems? If the answer is yes, you can check off another box.
With success comes a high level of professionalism. We already know you possess the following qualities, but we just wanted to remind you of what’s important to NTE:
- Excellent analytical skills
- Must be able to multitask, problem solve, and implement innovative processes within a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Reporting and documentation skills
- Effectively manage tasks, deadlines and individuals through vendor contracts
- Ability to interact with colleagues in a self-managed team structure
Finally, in a technology driven world, it’s important to know your way around a computer. For this role, it will be important to know the basics of the following:
- Good working knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Some experience working with Linux preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate computer proficiency, especially as to Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point and other PC based programs
- IMSA-II (Traffic Signal Tech 2) certification preferred
Our working environment:
NTE wants to ensure that all of their employees are comfortable and able to work in the type of culture and environment we have built our business on. Our office is typically quiet with low noise levels; however, you will often hear employees laughing and commiserating amongst themselves. The ITS Field Systems Technician spends a significant amount of time outside the office environment you will have frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions and moving traffic. You must be willing to work weekends, holidays, nights and be on-call as business needs require. Effective communication will be key for this role and will require you to talk and hear others. The ability to bend, squat, crawl, reach and maneuver in tight spaces and above ground via bucket truck is required. You will need to be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and there could be a time when you may need to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, but not very often. Finally, there may be roadway travel and roadway site visits required with this role! Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
#ntemobility #United States of America #notapplicable
Assistant SuperintendentSan Antonio, Texas (United States of America) Full time Production Posted on 2 June, 2023
Maintenance Technician - BC CintraDallas, Texas (United States of America) Full time Production Posted on 23 May, 2023
Low Voltage Project ManagerNew York, NY, New York (United States of America) Full time Production Posted on 22 May, 2023
O&M EngineerDallas, Texas (United States of America) Full time Production Posted on 22 May, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch