JR04391 - JOB_POSTING-3-3143
Posted on 18 September, 2023
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. The company has presence in 6 main markets. It is a member of Spain’s blue-chip IBEX 35 index and is also included in prestigious sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and FTSE4Good. We deliver value-driven, complex multi-disciplinary design and construction solutions across varied sectors worldwide, including transport, energy and water. Our people make this happen, bringing a diverse range of experiences, prospectives and backgrounds to fuel fresh thinking as we meet the unique needs of the clients and communities we serve. We are dedicated to exceeding expectations and leaving a sustainable legacy. At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals. As one of the industry’s most diverse organisations, our people bring a strong blend of local talent, international expertise and perspectives from all backgrounds. This drives innovation and fresh thinking required to set new standards of excellence.
Location: Chipping Warden
About FC Civils Solutions
FC Civils Solutions is an engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. We are a Spanish multinational company operating in 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK has 6 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2, Silvertown (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon.
We will look to bring turnkey building & civil solutions, as well as a provision for general construction needs to our Group’s companies’ projects within the UK. These projects span from airfield works (taxiways, runways, stands), to civils (roads, demolition works, underground and above ground structures), and MEP packages (services tunnels, lifts, life safety systems, fuel/fire mains).
Section Engineer will be responsible for the management of the construction site in order to achieve required project delivery to the customers’ objectives, while maintaining standards of health and safety, quality, environmental impact and cost control.
They will deliver multiple on-going projects, to the specified quality, the required programme and to the maximum commercial performance.
The post-holder will work closely with the Commercial Department, engineers and surveyors to ensure that projects are completed in a safe manner whilst customer requirements and expectations are always maintained or exceeded.
- Set a high personal example of safety and environmental behavior.
- Supervise subcontractors, assistant and site engineers and work force, for instance ensuring they understand he RAMS before commencing the shift on setting out methods and techniques.
- Check the shift engineers setting out to ensure it is correct. Also ensure they are following their own responsibilities (testing materials, briefing operatives, filling in check sheets).
- Ensure reasonable survey book standards and daily diaries are maintained by engineers • Supporting their manager.
- Attending and sometimes running the coordination meetings with stakeholders and subcontractors.
- Ensure that the 3D information drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works. Formally request any missing information in sufficient time to allow the programme to proceed without delay.
- Ensure that inspection and test plans are completed and digitally recorded as required by the PMP / Specification, including a check of dimension accuracy and quality.
- Prepare and monitor a 2-4 weeks programme with the subcontractor and other suppliers
- Monitor the work under their control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non-compliance with company policies and procedures are promptly remedied. Also considering plant, labour, material costs and programme.
- Carry out material take off and requisitions as requested by sub agent / agent.
- Completing Method Statements / Inspection Test Plan / MAR/ Task Briefings and reviewing such documents that have been prepared by others.
- Order materials and maintain register of all orders placed and confirmed.
- Completing Temporary Works Design Briefs and Inspecting temporary works structures once the training has been received.
- Maintain good working relations with client / designer / RE, together with our supply chain.
- Communicate with foremen and gangers to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Confirm in writing, on the same day, any verbal instructions issued to subcontractors and ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
- Ensure all delivery tickets are cost coded and passed to accounts dept. for processing.
- Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Successful experience at a management engineering level in construction (on site) specifically in civil engineering and/or utilities
- Demonstrated application of growing commercial and contractual knowledge
- Experience of working in a cost-conscious environment. Good people management experience
- Experience in managing subcontractors. Experience in stakeholder’s management (client)
- Relationship building with external parties is a critical requirement
- Significant civil engineering technology knowledge with significant previous experience
- A highly capable construction problem solver. Excellent communication skills and ability to interact at a variety of levels.
- Computer literacy advance
- CSCS card
- Airport experience/ critical areas experience
- Experience of working in an international organization. Experience in stakeholder’s management (Key stakeholders apart from client)
- Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or equivalent
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Ferrovial Construction UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and as such treats applications equally and recruits purely based on skills and experience.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion, and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills so we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Site EngineerHeathrow, Middlesex (United Kingdom) Full time Production Posted on 21 February, 2024
Senior AgentNorwich, Norfolk (United Kingdom) Full time Production Posted on 21 February, 2024
Section EngineerHeathrow, Middlesex (United Kingdom) Full time Production Posted on 19 February, 2024
Project Controls EngineerHeathrow, Middlesex (United Kingdom) Full time Production Posted on 15 February, 2024
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch