Senior Enterprise Architect
JR03198 - JOB_POSTING-3-2154
Posted on 13 June, 2023
Austin, TX, Texas (United States of America)
Architecture & Data
Ferrovial is one of the world’s leading infrastructure operators, committed to developing sustainable solutions. The company has presence in 6 main markets. It is a member of Spain’s blue-chip IBEX 35 index and is also included in prestigious sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and FTSE4Good. The aim of Ferrovial Corporation is to design the Company’s strategy, establishing global policies, guidelines and action guides related to the different functional areas of the Organization (Internal Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Legal, IT, Innovation, etc.), which subsequently are developed and adapted to the specificities of each Business Unit. Additionally, it performs a function of providing corporate services to the different companies of the group, while consolidating its information.
Reporting to the Global Enterprise Architecture Manager at Ferrovial, you will:
- Provide strategic influence across development teams and business stakeholders to implement cost-effective technology solutions to solve complex business problems.
- Align your technical vision and approach with best practices from the industry and the existing Centre of Excellence of Cloud Architecture in Ferrovial.
- Demonstrate leadership ability to back decisions with research and the “why,” and articulate several options, the pros and cons for each, and a recommendation.
- Share your take-aways with others, communicating fluently with others to facilitate the comprehension and adoption of best practices and enterprise artifacts.
- Architecture Delivery / Evolution on existing Architecture:
- Architecture design and implementation (if needed) of technical solutions to support specific business needs and estimate the costs of the infrastructure proposed.
- Propose flexible, open, interoperable and decoupled solutions.
- Strengthen architectures applying security standards in coordination with the security team.
- Design common patterns to monitor architecture performance, availability and scalability.
- Promote the use of IaaC templates, creating scripts to automate the deployment of those artifacts.
- Contribute to DevSecOps development activities in collaboration with other teams.
- Quality Supervision:
- Ensure that agreed standards and working practices are followed, highlight any non-conformance with agreed standards and working practices with the product owner and the head of architecture and promote an environment that encourages collaboration, team working and innovation both within the Architecture Team and development teams.
- Supervise third-party development teams and identify risks associated to their architecture design proposals.
- Provide technical expertise and support in the diagnosis and resolution of issues related to the infrastructure provisioned during the development stage.
- Validate third-party technical proposals approving or rejecting them as needed.
- Ensure that development teams reuse certified components and existing reference architectures to accelerate platform delivery.
- Provide expert guidance to delivery teams for complex challenges or business-critical systems, acting as an internal consultant.
- Cloud Architecture Centre of Excellence:
- Work collaboratively with the Architecture, Technology and Security Teams in the creation of common artifacts, templates and guidelines that will accelerate the evolution of existing platforms and improve their quality standards.
- Keep up to date with new trends, technologies, solutions and patterns.
- Lead proofs of concept with external partners to test new solutions or components.
- University degree: Higher Engineering (Computer Science, Telecommunications or similar)
- At least 5-years’ experience in Solution or Enterprise Architecture is a must.
- At least 3-years’ experience in delivering Azure based Cloud Platforms is a must.
- At least 1 related Cloud Certification in Azure is a must, especially Azure Solutions Architect Certification.
- Experience in any enterprise architecture framework will be highly appreciated (TOGAF, Zachman, others)
- A proven track record designing and applying different architecture patterns.
- A proven track record of working as an Azure Solution Architect delivering successful migration/greenfield projects.
- Architecture-Design: Cloud-native and Cloud-ready applications (API-enabled, containerization)
- Cloud-native application development (PaaS, Serverless technology, API management, microservices).
- Ability to present technical materials effectively to diverse stakeholder groups and to engage effectively with executives on both technical and non-technical matters.
- Excellent project management and stakeholder management skills, with a focus on translating business requirements into technology solutions.
- Experience on automation (e.g. Ansible, Jenkins, etc.) and IaaC (Deployment Manager, Terraform), DevSecOps, version control (e.g. Git), CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, or TFS, or Travis CI), containers (e.g. Docker, kubernetes or OpenShift).
- Demonstrated ability in technology partner management practices including the ability to lead vendors/partners in defining architectures.
- Essential very high level / bilingual / native English.
- An attractive salary depending on the experience provided.
- An opportunity to work in a very big company with the best-in-class partners and IT providers.
- Stable, different and very interesting projects.
- A very good work environment with a great team!
- And a flexible payment plan
Come and join us on our Digital journey!
Traffic and Revenue ManagerDallas, Texas (United States of America) Full time Architecture & Data Posted on 23 August, 2023
Customer Insights DirectorAustin, TX, Texas (United States of America) Full time Architecture & Data Posted on 17 August, 2023
Senior Data SpecialistAustin, TX, Texas (United States of America) Full time Architecture & Data Posted on 16 August, 2023
Data Strategy DirectorAustin, TX, Texas (United States of America) Full time Architecture & Data Posted on 16 August, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch