Senior IT Auditor
JR05381 - JOB_POSTING-3-4590
Posted on 22 December, 2023
Austin, TX, Texas (United States of America)
Ferrovial is one of the world’s leading infrastructure operators, committed to developing sustainable solutions. The company has presence in 6 main markets. It is a member of Spain’s blue-chip IBEX 35 index and is also included in prestigious sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and FTSE4Good. The aim of Ferrovial Corporation is to design the Company’s strategy, establishing global policies, guidelines and action guides related to the different functional areas of the Organization (Internal Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Legal, IT, Innovation, etc.), which subsequently are developed and adapted to the specificities of each Business Unit. Additionally, it performs a function of providing corporate services to the different companies of the group, while consolidating its information.
The successful candidate will join Ferrovial US & Canada Internal Audit, located in Austin. He/she will enjoy a double reporting line to the US Audit Manager and the IT Audit Manager located in Madrid.
- Take part in the programming of internal audits and in their execution, making suggestions, contributing with issues to the establishment of suitable and added value action plans.
- Examine the functioning of the different business and processes to check their reliability and adequacy to the Group’s standards, policies and internal and external procedures.
- Obtain information, analyzing it and contrasting it with different intermediaries, including the discussion of pertinent recommendations generated for improvement trying to add value to the company.
- Write reports of the tests and analyses carried out, as well as the pertinent recommendations for improvements in the analyzed processes and controls, with the objective of reducing or eliminating risks for the businesses, increasing the efficiency of the processes and adding value for the company.
- Assure the fulfillment of the internal control procedures in the different businesses for the correct organization and execution of business operations.
- Using skeptical criteria, analyze the information provided by the auditees.
- Communicate and discuss the main conclusions and recommendations with the auditee, using valid and rational arguments. Adapt the message to the intermediaries and the business depending on their position, hierarchical level and knowledge.
- Maintain updated internal working procedures and internal audit regulations.
Skills & Qualifications
- Computer Science or Telecommunication degree background.
- 7/8 years of experience in an area with similar responsibilities, preferably in external/internal audit or an Information Systems Department.
- Candidate must have the ability, confidence and autonomy to be able to undertake projects with a high degree of complexity and visibility within the organization adding value and proposing action plans to solve the deficiencies found.
- Candidate must be reliable, methodical and self-organized in the short and long term, have high learning and analysis capabilities and excellent decision-making skills.
- Candidate must have consultancy and advisory skills to be able to assess different IT analysis and propose new methods with can increase their efficiency and add value to the different business and processes.
- Ability to adapt to different scenarios and deadlines. Team worker.
- Dynamic, proactive and with initiative.
- Availability to travel.
- Knowledge and experience in working and reviewing cybersecurity controls and IT frameworks (e.g. NIST, NIS, ISO27001).
- Experience in technical analysis regarding IT processes, cybersecurity and controls are highly needed. Identify GAPs between best practices and regulation and internal policies/ processes to propose improvements to the controls of the company.
- Experience in treatment and analysis of large volumes of data (e.g. Big Data). Knowledge of Data Analytics techniques (e.g. ETL, PowerBI) and Artificial Intelligence technologies (Machine Learning, Deep Learning and NLP) are required.
- Experience in the use of data analysis tools such as IDEA, ACL, and Business Intelligence at a technical level.
- Ability and willingness to travel – up to 30% of the year.
- An attractive salary depending on the experience provided.
- An opportunity to work in a very big company with the best-in-class partners and IT providers.
- Stable, different and very interesting projects.
- A very good work environment with a great team!
- And a flexible payment plan
Come and join us!
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch