Project Controls Engineer
JR02998 - JOB_POSTING-3-1942
Posted on 25 May, 2023
Heathrow, Middlesex (United Kingdom)
Ferrovial Construction is internationally recognized for its capacity to design and build civil engineering and construction projects, mainly in large transportation infrastructure. Its track-record to date includes more than 304 miles of tunnels, 11,930 miles of roads (including 2,485 miles of highways), 2920 miles of railroad lines (including 434 miles of high-speed railroads) and 16,994 miles of road maintenance and repair.
Project Controls Engineer
Location: Heathrow Airport
Ferrovial Construction is looking for a Project Controls Engineer to support on major infrastructure projects in the UK.
Ferrovial Construction has been working at Heathrow Airport for over 12 years delivering some of the most complex infrastructure projects to high quality, safety and environmental standards. We have focused on design and build projects with a mix of contractual arrangements. This has enabled us to refine our management procedures in response to Heathrow’s Employers Requirements and Ferrovial Construction own internal management systems.
Since joining Heathrow’s framework in 2008, Ferrovial Construction has delivered a variety of airside and landside projects across the whole airport. For example, we have delivered new taxiways and rehabilitated existing taxiways and the southern runway. We have also redeveloped sterile and grass areas and replaced critical assets, such as fire main, fuel main and HV ducts. We are currently working alongside Heathrow to rehabilitate assets with expired design life’s and plan for a future runway resurfacing project. We are constantly designing and planning our works around critical assets and engaging with different key stakeholders in order to deliver Heathrow value for money.
- Provide support on a portfolio of projects for the purpose to obtain and report the performance, cost and risks associated according to the Contract requirements and works information
- Provide support on the development of the project’s baselines across the scope, time, cost, risk schedule updates, forecast to complete, variance identification and explanation, opportunities for improvement and earned value management of the Programme.
- Provide support elaborating and reporting dashboards and forecasts.
- Work in coordination of different departments to verify and assure the quality of the information.
Skills and Competence:
We are looking for candidates with:
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and general IT skills
- Ability to perform assignments independently with supervision and guidance as required
- Ability to deliver timely high-quality reports
- Good level of proactivity and a problem-solving attitude
- Good relationship skills with the other Department / Functions
- Good knowledge on measuring civil engineering works
- Experience in Project Controls is preferable.
- Understanding of NEC4 contracts is preferable.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion, and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills so we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group, the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees and a presence in over 15 countries, with over 60 years’ experience since it was founded.
Ferrovial Construction delivers value-driven, complex multi-disciplinary design and construction solutions across varied sectors worldwide, including transport, energy and water. Our people make this happen, bringing a diverse range of experiences, perspectives and backgrounds to fuel fresh thinking as we meet the unique needs of the clients and communities we serve. We are dedicated to exceeding expectations and leaving a sustainable legacy.
Ferrovial is a world-leading provider of infrastructure services delivering end to end capabilities over the entire asset lifecycle. This provides our diverse range of clients with a positive legacy through our integrated approach, ensuring consistently high standards of excellence in delivery. Value creation is at the heart of everything we do.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.#Ferrovial #United Kingdom #midseniorlevel
Project PlannerHeathrow, Middlesex (United Kingdom) Full time Production Posted on 25 May, 2023
Asset Integrator & Handover ManagerHeathrow, Middlesex (United Kingdom) Full time Production Posted on 25 March, 2023
SCADA Site EngineerLondon, London (United Kingdom) Full time Production Posted on 23 March, 2023
COMMS Site EngineerLondon, London (United Kingdom) Full time Production Posted on 23 March, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch