Roadway Maintenance Technician
JR02630 - JOB_POSTING-3-1651
Posted on 26 April, 2023
Charlotte, North Carolina (United States of America)
I-77 Mobility Partners LLC is financing, developing, designing, constructing, operating and maintaining the 26-mile I-77 Express project as part of a public-private partnership with the North Carolina Department of Transportation. The tolled express lanes run adjacent to the general-purpose lanes on I-77 between uptown Charlotte and Mooresville. I-77 Mobility Partners is responsible for operations and maintenance of all lanes, both express and general purpose, and right of way within the designated project corridor limits.
What makes us different? Our people come first. We want every single employee to develop both professionally and personally. With a strong focus on growth potential, we look to our internal employees as potential candidates for both national and international opportunities. We aim to achieve greatness by promoting from within every chance we get. We work hard and play hard and strive every day for success and achievement. With a diverse group of professionals working in a fast-paced environment, we achieve milestones constantly. And if that weren’t enough, we also offer our employees highly competitive insurance benefits, Paid Time Off, and a matching 401(k) program.
The I-77 Express Lanes project represents the first P3 project in the state of North Carolina and will provide significant infrastructure improvements years sooner than otherwise possible if relied solely on public funds. A Cintra-led team was selected to develop the 26-mile project which runs between the junction with I-277 in Charlotte and NC-150 in Iredell County. The project consists of constructing new express lanes, converting the current High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lanes to Express Lanes, repaving the general-purpose lanes and implementing a dynamic pricing toll system. Once complete, the project will relieve congestion and enhance mobility by increasing existing road capacity.
What makes us different?
Our people come first. We want every single employee to develop both professionally and personally. With a strong focus on growth potential, we look to our internal employees as potential candidates for both national and international opportunities. We aim to achieve greatness by promoting from within every chance we get. We work hard and play hard and strive every day for success and achievement. With a diverse group of professionals working in a fast-paced environment, we achieve milestones constantly. And if that weren’t enough, we also offer our employees highly competitive insurance benefits, Paid Time Off, and a matching 401(k) program.
Your next calling:
As the Maintenance Technician, you will operate automotive and maintenance equipment to transport material, equipment and maintenance personnel as well as performing skilled highway maintenance duties. Also, participates in the maintenance of buildings. Works with maintenance personnel receives assignments from the Maintenance Supervisor or Manager, and on occasions supervises personnel on various job assignments. You will guide and/or train less experienced personnel on equipment operation and roadway maintenance.
Functions key to success:
- Operates assigned automotive equipment and construction equipment such as tractors, mowers, sweepers, bucket trucks and Truck Mounted Attenuators (TMA’s), and operate assigned gas or hand tools to complete Daily Assignments
- Inspects equipment for proper operating condition, makes minor repairs or adjustments, lubricates and assists in making repairs as required
- Performs miscellaneous skilled maintenance on the I-77 Express Lanes Project as required.
- Performs miscellaneous duties, such as general traffic control, pavement repair, landscaping, painting, relamping, miscellaneous barrier repairs, and available on-call after hours for emergency maintenance service, as needed
- Responds to traffic incidents, provides roadside assistance to motorists on I-77 between uptown Charlotte and Mooresville and available on-call after hours for emergency incident response, as needed
- Performs miscellaneous building maintenance as required
- Any other job duties as assigned
What you bring to the table:
You have worked hard to achieve success in your career, now put it to use. Do you have a Class “A” or “B” Commercials Driver’s License (CDL) OR the ability to obtain a CDL within 180 days of employment? Do you have 1 to 3 years of prior roadway maintenance experience or college equivalent and 1+ years’ experience in facilities, roadway, and bridge or grounds maintenance?
With success comes a high level of professionalism. We already know you possess the following qualities, but we just wanted to remind you of what is important to I-77:
- Self-motivated and able to motivate subordinates
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- General knowledge of all roadway maintenance operations.
- Previous experience operating tools, equipment and vehicles properly and safely are necessary.
- Previous experience with construction vehicles.
- Previous experience with heavy equipment operation and repair.
- Ability to perform equipment maintenance, facility maintenance and coordination.
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) – Class B and/or Class A or ability to attain one in 180 days
- Valid Driver’s License.
- OSHA 10 Hour, CPR and First Aid training.
- Working knowledge of automotive mechanics and possesses the ability to perform basic automotive service on the side of highway (change tire, jump start, add gas, etc.).
- Experience to operate tow equipment is preferred.
- Effectively manage tasks to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to multitask and problem solve within a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others.
- Work well as a team or as an individual.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint), and other PC-based software. Capable of learning and use other PC-based software and Apps.
- Willingness to take delegation of job tasks from supervisor.
- Clean and neat appearance
Our working environment:
I-77 wants to ensure that all of their employees are comfortable and able to work in the type of culture and environment we have built our business on. As a maintenance technician you must have the ability and willingness to work alternate work schedules, including weekends and night shifts and be assigned to a scheduled shift as needed. You may be required to work off hours on a regularly scheduled basis. You will be working on the roadway, the noise level ranges from moderate to high given that the employee will be working around heavy machinery and in traffic conditions. You must be able to individually lift and/or move up to 80 lbs. You will be frequently required to stand, walk, climb, drive and sit for long periods of time during day and night operation. There will be some roadway travel required. During the seasons, you will be required to mow grass, weed-eat and pick up debris for up to 12 hours. Finally, you must be able to work in high places and in any weather condition. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
#cintra #United States of America #notapplicable
Maintenance Technician - BC CintraDallas, Texas (United States of America) Full time Production Posted on 23 May, 2023
Low Voltage Project ManagerNew York, NY, New York (United States of America) Full time Production Posted on 22 May, 2023
O&M EngineerDallas, Texas (United States of America) Full time Production Posted on 22 May, 2023
Heavy Civil Field EngineerFayetteville, NC (inactive), North Carolina (United States of America) Full time Production Posted on 18 May, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch