Webber - Construction Manager - Waterworks
JR02583 - JOB_POSTING-3-2890
Posted on 22 August, 2023
New Braunfels, TX, Texas (United States of America)
Founded in 1963, Webber is a leading construction company that specializes in heavy civil, waterworks, energy and infrastructure management and is dedicated to safely providing intelligent solutions to its clients and community.Webber is headquartered in Houston, Texas, with offices and projects in the United States and Canada. Webber supports a wide range of project models to meet client needs, including traditional design bid build, design build, alternative delivery models and public private partnership (P3) solutions. Webber also has an in-house engineering services department to help optimize building efficiency and quality while solving complex project challenges using field experience, innovative construction methods and BIM technology. As a subsidiary of Ferrovial, Webber has access to a global network of skilled engineers, best-in-class technology and vast resources.
The Construction Manager will oversee and coordinate various water/wastewater construction projects from start to finish, ensuring that schedules and budgets are followed.
Regular Job Duties
- Provides leadership in initial planning stage by collaborating with clients, architects, engineers, or other involved parties; develops detailed description of jobs and materials necessary to complete project.
- Schedules and coordinates projects in logical steps and budgets the time necessary to meet each deadline.
- Prepares and submits budget estimates and regularly communicates with client concerning budget progress and costs.
- Ensures adherence to the budget and, when unexpected complications or issues arise, makes quick and necessary adjustments.
- Plans, coordinates, organizes, oversees, and directs activities regarding the construction and maintenance of assigned structures, facilities, and systems.
- Ensures safety standards and guidelines are followed on the jobsite and that all safety codes are met in construction.
- Selects, contracts, and oversees contractors for specific needs.
- Supervises each contractor and subcontractor to ensure that work meets quality standards and adheres to specifications
- Oversees contract negotiations, revisions, and additions and adherence by all parties.
- Collaborates with clients, supervisory staff, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve problems, including work procedures, complaints, and construction or design issues.
- Manages and leads actions that are necessary due to delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction sites.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with a variety of people, including owners, managers, designers, supervisors, tradespersons, and craft workers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Science, Construction Management, or Civil Engineering required
- At least 7-10 years of water/wastewater construction experience a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Knowledge of Procore or Bluebeam highly preferred
- Thorough understanding of contracts, plans, specifications, and regulations.
- Ability to remain flexible and efficient in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make intelligent and quick decisions, working well under pressure, and when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays.
- Ability to effectively multitask while analyzing and solving problems.
- Thorough understanding of engineering, architectural, and other construction drawings.
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred
- Must be able to traverse and inspect all areas of jobsite in all types of weather; this may include walking, climbing, reaching, bending, crawling, or stretching.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- May require travel.
- Exposure to characteristic construction site dangers.
- Must be on-call to address delays, emergencies, bad weather, and other issues at the jobsite
Webber, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Webber, LLC complies with applicable local, state, and federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at each location the Company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
TMC Operator - BC CintraDallas, Texas (United States of America) Full time Production Posted today
Maintenance Technician Lead - BC CintraDallas, Texas (United States of America) Full time Production Posted today
Webber - Quality Manager - EnergyThe Woodlands, TX, Texas (United States of America) Full time Production Posted on 27 September, 2023
Webber - Information System Security ManagerIrving, TX, The Woodlands, TX, Texas (United States of America) Full time Production Posted on 27 September, 2023
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch