Webber - Field Engineer - Infrastructure Management
JR05405 - JOB_POSTING-3-4546
Posted on 20 December, 2023
Dallas, Plano, TX, Texas (United States of America)
Founded in 1963, Webber is a leading construction company that specializes in heavy civil, waterworks, energy and infrastructure management and is dedicated to safely providing intelligent solutions to its clients and community.Webber is headquartered in Houston, Texas, with offices and projects in the United States and Canada. Webber supports a wide range of project models to meet client needs, including traditional design bid build, design build, alternative delivery models and public private partnership (P3) solutions. Webber also has an in-house engineering services department to help optimize building efficiency and quality while solving complex project challenges using field experience, innovative construction methods and BIM technology. As a subsidiary of Ferrovial, Webber has access to a global network of skilled engineers, best-in-class technology and vast resources.
Field engineer assists and/or performs duties such as estimating, project controls, schedule updates, document control, quality control project documentation, RFl's, change orders, field accounting, purchasing and safety documentation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be able to identify and/or assist in the development of the Scope of Work to be planned and scheduled.
- Must be able to interact with all project participants to gather scope, logistics, and constraints to be included within a plan or schedule.
- Must be able to incorporate all data, obtained from the planning dept. and from verbal communications with project participants, into the plan or schedule electronically or otherwise.
- Must have a good knowledge of Industrial Construction Work Processes in order to properly sequence, prioritize, and tie logic between all planned and scheduled activities.
- Must have the ability to present and analyze sufficient graphic and narrative schedule reports to meet Webber standard procedures and the specific needs of the Project or client.
- Must have the ability to lead Schedule Review Meetings with all Project Participants to ensure proper logic, prioritization, resource utilization, logistics, and constraints are properly represented.
- Must be able to develop periodic reporting formats to enable the collection of field progress data in accordance with Ferrovial Services North America standard procedures and the specific needs of the Project.
- Must have the ability to assist in the development and management of a Scope Change Management system.
- Must have the ability to communicate with vendors to place orders of materials related to the scope of work orders.
- Must have the ability to account and track the status of all orders placed.
- Must have the ability to schedule and track sub-contractor work to ensure work orders are completed in a timely manner.
- Must attend and/or organize all partnering meetings with TxDOT.
- Must be able to collect, manage and analyze data collected related to and resultant from the inspection, repair, and management of TxDOT district 1 structures via the GIS data management software utilized by Webber Infra (ESRI/ARC GIS).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be able to work within, and utilize data obtained from, the electronic planning software being utilized, such as SAP, Primavera, Microsoft Projects, or other similar software.
- Must be able to resource and/or cost load all activities within the schedule.
- Must be able to optimize resource utilization through resource leveling.
- Fluent with the ESRI suite of software, specifically Arc GIS pro, Survey 123 and Workforce preferred.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management or similar is required.
- Project Management Training or certified training in Planning/Scheduling Preferred
- Must have a minimum of one year of experience working with scheduling and/or planning software.
Work Conditions/ Physical Demands
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Constantly positions self to maintain/use a variety of equipment.
- Ascends/Descends a ladder or scaffolds frequently.
- Frequently lifts equipment weighing up to 60lbs.
- Enters confined spaces.
- Perform work wearing personnel protective equipment. Including but not limited to the following: rain gear, chemical protective clothing, supplied air and air-purifying respirators, safety harness, Nomex coveralls, hard hat, ear plugs, and safety glasses.
- Able to work long hours and all shift schedules that may be up to seven days a week for an extended duration of up to 8 weeks or more.
Webber, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Webber, LLC complies with applicable local, state and federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at each location the Company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Webber - Traffic Control Laborer - Heavy CivilKaufman, TX, Texas (United States of America) Full time Production Posted on 1 March, 2024
Webber - Concrete Finisher - Webber Barrier ServicesHouston, TX, Texas (United States of America) Full time Production Posted on 29 February, 2024
Webber - Dozer Operator - Heavy Civil - Kemah, TXHouston, TX, Texas (United States of America) Full time Production Posted on 29 February, 2024
Maintenance Technician Lead - BC CintraCharlotte, North Carolina (United States of America) Full time Production Posted on 29 February, 2024
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch