Head of Vertiports, UK
Posted on 29 September, 2021
Ferrovial Airports is exploring the opportunity to develop a transportation network of eVTOL taxis in different sites around the world. Vertiports are a key component in realizing the enormous potential of innovations in eVTOL aviation, providing the required infrastructure for passenger and cargo services.
Ferrovial is one of the world’s leading developers of transport infrastructure. Ferrovial Airports integrates all airport management activities and is one of the world’s leading private airport operators. Part of the aviation industry since 1998, the company has more than 20 years of experience in investing, developing and operating 34 airports around the world. Ferrovial Airports offers an in-depth understanding of the industry and a solid track record of building strong relationships with partners and stakeholders.
Ferrovial operates a portfolio of four airports in the United Kingdom: Heathrow, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Southampton Airports.
The Head of Vertiports UK will lead the initiative to identify the sites, negotiate the lease contracts, obtain the permissions, coordinate the construction and operate the vertiports. As this is an exciting new venture, the candidate selected for the role must possess a high-degree of motivation to develop relationships and unlock opportunities, and must be comfortable with a wide scope of responsibility and have the ability to bring structure to an unstructured environment.
• Source, assess, negotiate and close commercial real estate long-term leases for development.
• Coordinating the development of the detailed design of the vertiports to make it compliant with local, state and federal regulations and suitable for the land-owner and the eVTOL operator.
• Achieve all the necessary permits to start the construction of the vertiports.
• Selecting a construction partner and negotiating a fixed price contract for the construction of the vertiports.
• Undertake the operational readiness process and commence regular operations.
• Preparation letters of intent, memorandums of understanding, contracts, due diligence documents, internal approvals and other business administration paperwork.
Habilidades y experiencia
• Talent for building rapport and communication – an extrovert will have a significant advantage. Ability to contact and unlock dialogue with counterparties of sites from cold approaches.
• Knowledge and experience with the full-cycle of commercial/industrial airport/ real estate development.
• Project management experience.
• Ability to organize and manage unstructured work environments.
• Experience with new ventures, in small teams where broad responsibility is carried by each member.
• Highly-motivated self-starter capable of driving processes forward and overcoming obstacles.
• Experience in the United Kingdom is a must.
• Native English.
• University degree. MBA or similar will be appreciated.
• Relevant academic record in aviation, real estate, finance or business.
• Over 15 years of relevant experience in aviation operations and/or commercial/industrial airport/ real estate development; or closely analogous experience with directly applicable skillsets.
• Track record of dealing with the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), including requirements and certification of the infrastructure and ground operations.
• Experience in dealing with both public and private institutions or agencies.
• Track record of cultivating relationships and of representing an organization in the highest ethical and reputational standings.
• Availability to travel is essential.
• Join one of the principal groups in infrastructure management worldwide.
• The opportunity for development in Ferrovial Airports and in the Ferrovial group.
• Collaborate on important and innovative projects in an international environment.
Create your personalized job alert
Get emails about oppotunities that fit your preferences
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch
Create your personalized alert
Fields with an asterisk are mandatory *
You are done! We have sent a confimation emailFinish
It seems that something has gone wrong. Please, try again.Try again