Section Engineer- Greenwich
Ferrovial Construction UK
Posted on 23 September, 2022
London, London, United Kingdom
Section Engineer ( Highways and Rotation Chamber Tunnelling)
Location: Greenwich The Project The Silvertown Tunnel project was awarded to the consortium Riverlinx CJV (Ferrovial Construction, BAM and SK) at the end of May 2019. This complex 5-year project will construct a twin-bore road tunnel under the Thames in east London which will link Silvertown to the Greenwich Peninsula. The Silvertown Tunnel aims to prepare for London’s future population growth and relieve the congestion and poor air quality around the 122-year old Blackwall tunnel. It is the UK’s first road tunnel to have dedicated bus lanes, buses are all expected to be zero emission vehicles and will support the increasing demand for bus transport across Greenwich, Newham and Tower Hamlets. The Silvertown Tunnel (STT) Project involves the construction of a twin-bore road tunnel with a Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM), providing a new connection between the A102 Blackwall Tunnel Approach on Greenwich Peninsula and the Tidal Basin Roundabout junction on the A1020 Lower Lea Crossing/ Silvertown Way.
• Set a high personal example of safety and environmental behaviour.
• Supervise assistant and site engineers, for instance ensuring they understandt he RAMS before commencing the shift on setting out methods and techniques.
• Check the shift engineers setting out to ensure it is correct. Also ensure they are following their own responsibilities (testing materials, briefing operatives, filling in check sheets).
• Ensure reasonable survey book standards and daily diaries are maintained by engineers • Supporting their manager.
• Attending and sometimes running the SRG meeting (Shift Review Group).
• Ensure that the 3D information drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works. Formally request any missing information in sufficient time to allow the programme to proceed without delay.
• Ensure that inspection and test plans are completed and digitally recorded as required by the PMP / Specification, including a check of dimension accuracy and quality.
• Prepare and monitor a 2-4 weeks programme with the Shift manager
• Monitor the work under their control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non-compliance with company policies and procedures are promptly remedied.
• Also considering plant, labour, material costs and programme.
• Carry out material take off and requisitions as requested by sub agent / agent.
• Completing Method Statements / Inspection Test Plan / MCRs / Task Briefings and reviewing such documents that have been prepared by others.
• Order materials and maintain register of all orders placed and confirmed.
• Completing Temporary Works Design Briefs and Inspecting temporary works structures once the training has been received.
• Maintain good working relations with client / designer / RE, together with our supply chain. • Communicate with foremen and gangers to ensure full understanding of information provided.
• Confirm in writing, on the same day, any verbal instructions issued to subcontractors and ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
• Ensure all delivery tickets are cost coded and passed to accounts dept. for processing. • Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
Skills & experience
Experience & Knowledge
• Government legislation and Company policy on all matters relating to safety and environment.
• Thorough knowledge of construction procedures and working methods.
• Contract requirements relevant to current construction contract.
• Ability to record resource outputs.
• Appreciate the need for temporary works and any outside influences affecting site operations. • Understand, and check where necessary, all schedules such as reinforcement drawings, drainage, landscape etc.
• Fully proficient in all aspects of materials sampling and testing.
• Develop ability to monitor and interpret results and act on information.
• Knowledge of geotechnical issues, plant and materials.
• Ability to identify ambiguities in the contract information.
• Ability to identify and address errors at the design stage or problems encountered during construction.
• Substantial knowledge of method and production output across an appropriate range of the business operations and familiar with commonly used specifications.
• Use this knowledge to plan routine jobs and determine the best process and procedure to mitigate key engineering and quality risks.
• Knowledge of temporary works in order to take on role of TWC Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
About Ferrovial Construction Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. We are a Spanish multinational company operating in 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK has 7 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2, Silvertown (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Norwich Western Link, Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon. At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals. As one of the industry’s most diverse organisations, our people bring a strong blend of local talent, international expertise and perspectives from all backgrounds. This drives innovation and fresh thinking required to set new standards of excellence. Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills so we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Quantity Surveyor - STTLondon, London, United Kingdom Long term Engineering Posted on 23 September, 2022
Project Manager - BrackleyEngland, United Kingdom Long term Engineering Posted on 23 September, 2022
Sub Agent - AylesburyLondon, London, United Kingdom Long term Engineering Posted on 23 September, 2022
Technical Office EngineerLondon, United Kingdom Long term Engineering Posted on 23 September, 2022
Create your personalized job alert
Get emails about oppotunities that fit your preferences
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch
Create your personalized alert
Fields with an asterisk are mandatory *
You are done! We have sent a confimation emailFinish
It seems that something has gone wrong. Please, try again.Try again