Senior Bid Manager
Posted on 24 November, 2020
London, London, United Kingdom
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. It is a Spanish multinational company operating through 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees
REPORTING TO: Tendering Director
JOB PURPOSE: Manage, Lead and provide direction to complex tender opportunities, with multidisciplinary and diverse teams so that Ferrovial continues to be a key contributor to the UK infrastructure at a time when infrastructure is vital for the growth of the UK economy
• Contribute to the achievement of Health and Safety in accordance with company policy.
• Lead the relationship with client representatives in accordance with the tender instructions and tender strategy.
• Establish the tender strategy for the success of the tender, considering the strength and weaknesses of the of the business to maximise the probability of winning the tender.
• Fully understand the business capabilities and resources to prepare tender submissions of excellent quality considering the client requirements and expectations.
• Coordinate and give close guidance to the tender teams (design, construction, planning, submission, estimation, commercial, legal, reviewers, etc) to insure full coordination, motivation, efficiency and excellent outcome.
• Fully understand and follow all the business procedures including governance.
• Coordinate and prepared all internal and external meetings (within the business, with partners and with clients).
• Ensure proper checking of all deliverables and internal documents in accordance with good practice, procedures and governance.
• Follow all the Board decisions as well as indications and guidance from the line Manager (Tendering Director)
• Liaise with other teams in the business as necessary in other to fulfill their responsibilities, use lessons learned, use experience from other projects and departments and handover successful tenders to the delivery team.
• Understand the key technical aspects of the tender in order to coordinate and challenge the technical aspects of the tender.
• Full understanding of the project technical and commercial risks, completing this understanding with the inputs from the team subject matter experts.
• To promote company values in all dealings with other employees, clients, subcontractors and other external contacts
• Support on agreeing commercial arrangements with Joint Venture partners
Skills & experience
• Ability to manage and motivate multi-disciplinary and diverse teams
• Ability to establish and follow tender programmes
• Team player
• Responsive to meet tender deadlines
• Experience Managing tender teams
• Experience understanding scoring criteria an establishing a strategy to maximise scoring.
• Presentation skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to work under pressure and multitasking
• Civil Engineering Degree or similar Engineering background
• Experience leading tenders as Bid Manager/Director
Office Location – Chiswick, London (and/or remotely as required by the circumstances)
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT REPRESENT A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF ACTIVITES AND EMPLOYEES MAYBE REQUESTED TO UNDERTAKE OTHER REASONABLE DUTIES.
Create your personalized job alert
Get emails about oppotunities that fit your preferences
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch
Create your personalized alert
Fields with an asterisk are mandatory *
You are done! We have sent a confimation emailFinish
It seems that something has gone wrong. Please, try again.Try again