Mobility Innovation Project Manager
Posted on 24 October, 2020
Texas, United States
Ferrovial is one of the world’s leading infrastructure operators and municipal services companies, committed to developing sustainable solutions. The company has 96,000 employees and a presence in over 15 countries. It is a member of Spain’s blue-chip IBEX 35 index and is also included in prestigious sustainability indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and FTSE4Good.
The aim of Corporation is the definition of the Company’s strategy, establishing the global policies, guidelines and action lines related to the different functional areas of the Organization (Internal Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Legal Consultancy, IT, etc.), which are subsequently developed and adapted to the specificities of every Business Unit (Airports, Construction, Services and Toll Roads). Furthermore, Corporation provides corporate services to the different companies of the Group, merging their information, at the same time.
The Centre of Excellence for Mobility coordinates the Innovation Strategic Plan and supports the Ferrovial Business Units in the field of Mobility (i.e. Connected and Autonomous mobility, new mobility and transport modes and enabling technology such as 5G).
Reporting directly to the Head of Centre of Excellence, this position will play a key role in identifying, developing and delivering disruptive innovation opportunities to drive business value for Ferrovial across the full mobility landscape in collaboration with the Ferrovial Business Units, wider Innovation team and other corporate departments where appropriate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• With an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset and deep technical knowledge; identify, develop and deliver mobility related projects and activities with disruptive innovation as core source of value
• To lead and/or support mobility innovation and business development initiatives working with the wider Innovation team, other corporate departments and/or directly with the Business Units
• To engage with and evaluate the US mobility ecosystem (i.e. startups, research centers, VC) aligned to Ferrovial corporate vision and strategy to identify and raise awareness of potential areas of interest
• Facilitate a better awareness, understanding of, and engagement with, the CoE for Mobility and Innovation capabilities relevant to Ferrovial’s Business Units in the US through proactive engagement and project execution (coordinating with business unit liaison teams where appropriate)
• Support the Innovation Strategy & Innovation Insights team with the continuous monitoring and assessment of technology trends and eco-system developments relevant to mobility (and contribute to the Innovation Community Hub)
• Support the Open Innovation Team to evolve and develop mobility related eco-system engagements
• Support the creation and evolution of a catalogue of relevant mobility “challenges” and project opportunities appropriate for third-party/public funding
• Contribute to the creation of mobility related insight deliverables (e.g. Ferrovial blogs, white papers, bid support collateral, scenario planning, internal and external presentations and project collateral)
• Performs other duties as necessary
Skills & experience
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to fulfill those duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
• University degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Business Administration
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in innovation management or technical focused role in a corporate environment with a minimum of 2 years mobility related experience with deep knowledge in one or more specific areas such as transport infrastructure, tolling, EV charging, connected autonomous vehicles, etc.
• Innovation and entrepreneurial mentality – with a pragmatic approach
• Project management, technical/business analysis, technical architecture experience
• Experience working with different types of organizations, including enterprise scale organizations, start-ups and JV structures, ability to establishing alliances and partnerships
• Additional experience of business development and/or bidding processes desirable
• Experience working with C-level management both internally and externally
• Keen interest in transport infrastructure, mobility services and relevant enabling technologies
• Strong leadership skills and proven track record of collaborative working across teams
• Strong track record of technical/innovation project development & delivery
• Track record of identification and analysis of business opportunities
• Experience with financial models, business plan development and financial management
• Contract management experience (both drafting and negotiation)
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
• Some travel required; may include occasional international air travel
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus, as necessary to use a computer
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
• The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit
Create your personalized job alert
Get emails about oppotunities that fit your preferences
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch
Create your personalized alert
Fields with an asterisk are mandatory *
You are done! We have sent a confimation emailFinish
It seems that something has gone wrong. Please, try again.Try again