Project Controls Manager
Ferrovial Agroman UK
Posted on 18 April, 2020
Buckinghamshire, London, United Kingdom
Ferrovial Agroman is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group, the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees and a presence in over 15 countries, with over 60 years’ experience since it was founded.
Ferrovial Agroman delivers value-driven, complex multi-disciplinary design and construction solutions across varied sectors worldwide, including transport, energy and water. Our people make this happen, bringing a diverse range of experiences, prospectives and backgrounds to fuel fresh thinking as we meet the unique needs of the clients and communities we serve. We are dedicated to exceeding expectations and leaving a sustainable legacy.
We have an established presence in the UK and Ireland with the support of our global resource pool.
Ferrovial is a world-leading provider of infrastructure services delivering end to end capabilities over the entire asset lifecycle. This provides our diverse range of clients with a positive legacy through our integrated approach, ensuring consistently high standards of excellence in delivery. Value creation is at the heart of everything we do.
• Defining Project Controls and Earned Value Management policies, procedures and the standards required to deliver projects.
• Ensure all Project data is checked and represented accurately.
• Supporting project handover meetings engaging the Project Managers and Commercial Teams. Understanding of the Supply Chain and what is expected from them.
• Working closely with the Programme Manager and Project QS to maximise the potential of each project, attend site meetings when necessary to discuss progress and update the project plan together with reporting back on any knock-on effects to the business unit.
• Representing the business at client meetings.
• Working with the Planning Manager to ensure that the Project Controls function interfaces effectively with the other departments. Maintaining KPI’s and looking at Trend Analysis.
• Supporting programme integration, governance, formats, plan optimisation, and Project Controls best practices.
• Gathering benchmarking information to aid the Value For Money (VFM) assessment on each project in conjunction with the Risk Management and Project Manager, input into the risk, issue and opportunity register for assigned projects.
• Keeping abreast of current and new Project Control techniques, technologies and initiatives which may have a benefit for the business.
• Maintaining ongoing development and delivery of a co-ordinated change agenda for business improvement.
• Monitoring and control programme compliance in respect of our contractual obligations.
• Undertaking additional tasks / responsibilities as directed by Line Manager.
• Working In conjunction with other members of the team, take responsibility for meeting agreed business and project targets, controls costs in achieving to achieve targets, managing risks effectively and delivering all agreed outputs, within the agreed economics and safety regulatory frameworks.
• Contributing to the identification and formulation of strategic objectives.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Planning and Project Control Systems.
• Highly skilled in visualising data and designed dashboards.
• Ability to work by yourself and in managing your team.
Skills & experience
• Ability to interpret and manipulate complex data from various different platforms and systems.
• Good knowledge in data modelling and concepts of data warehousing specially ETL.
• Expert level on Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
• Good knowledge of Primavera P6 planning software.
• Good knowledge of finance systems ideally COINS.
• Highly skilled in visualising data and designing dashboards.
• Business intelligence preferably Power BI
• Knowledge of writing macros
Location – Milton Keynes
Create your personalized job alert
Get emails about oppotunities that fit your preferences
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch
Create your personalized alert
Fields with an asterisk are mandatory *
You are done! We have sent a confimation emailFinish
It seems that something has gone wrong. Please, try again.Try again