Technical Manager, UK
Posted on 29 September, 2021
Ferrovial Airports is exploring the opportunity to develop a transportation network of eVTOL taxis in different sites around the world. Vertiports are a key component in realizing the enormous potential of innovations in eVTOL aviation, providing the required infrastructure for passenger and cargo services.
Ferrovial is one of the world’s leading developers of transport infrastructure. Ferrovial Airports integrates all airport management activities and is one of the world’s leading private airport operators. Part of the aviation industry since 1998, the company has more than 20 years of experience in investing, developing and operating 34 airports around the world. Ferrovial Airports offers an in-depth understanding of the industry and a solid track record of building strong relationships with partners and stakeholders.
Ferrovial operates a portfolio of four airports in the United Kingdom: Heathrow, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Southampton Airports.
The Technical Manager will lead the design, engineering, operations and regulation of vertiports, with the support from Ferrovial Airports Business Plan & Innovation Department. As this is an exciting new venture, the candidate selected for the role must possess a high-degree of motivation to develop new concepts, establish new relationships and solve complex technical problems.
• Assess the optimal location for a vertiport factoring all business and technical parameters.
• Assess the air space compatibility.
• Develop the concept of operations for the vertiports.
• Liaise with potential stakeholders involved in early stages of the design for providing key business plan inputs.
• Supervision of the design of the vertiports to make them compliant with local, state and federal regulations and suitable for the land-owner and the eVTOL operator/s.
• Assist in achieving all the necessary permits to start the construction of the vertiports.
• Assist in the selection of a construction partner and negotiating a fixed price contract for the construction of the vertiports.
• Undertake the operational readiness process and commence regular operations.
Habilidades y experiencia
• Experience in the United Kingdom is a must.
• Native English.
• University engineering degree in airport planning or equivalent experience.
• Over 7 years of relevant experience in airport planning, design and construction.
• Track record of dealing with the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), including requirements and certification of the infrastructure and ground operations.
• Availability to travel is essential.
• Talent for building rapport and communication.
• Project management experience.
• Ability to organize and manage unstructured work environments.
• Highly-motivated self-starter capable of driving processes forward and overcoming obstacles.
• Join one of the principal groups in infrastructure management worldwide.
• The opportunity for development in Ferrovial Airports and in the Ferrovial group.
• Collaborate on important and innovative projects in an international environment.
Construction ManagerLondon, London, United Kingdom Long term Engineering Posted on 29 September, 2021
Quantity SurveyorLondon, United Kingdom Long term Engineering Posted on 29 September, 2021
Graduate Mechanical EngineerLondon, London, United Kingdom Long term Engineering Posted on 29 September, 2021
Graduate Quantity SurveyorLondon, London, United Kingdom Long term Engineering Posted on 29 September, 2021
Create your personalized job alert
Get emails about oppotunities that fit your preferences
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch
Create your personalized alert
Fields with an asterisk are mandatory *
You are done! We have sent a confimation emailFinish
It seems that something has gone wrong. Please, try again.Try again