Training and On-Boarding Manager
Ferrovial Agroman UK
Posted on 18 April, 2020
Milton Keynes, , United Kingdom
Ferrovial Agroman is the engineering andconstruction arm of the Ferrovial Group, the largest private transportinfrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with aworkforce of approximately 96,000 employees and a presence in over 15countries, with over 60 years’ experience since it was founded.
Ferrovial Agroman delivers value-driven,complex multi-disciplinary design and construction solutions across variedsectors worldwide, including transport, energy and water. Our people make thishappen, bringing a diverse range of experiences, prospectives and backgroundsto fuel fresh thinking as we meet the unique needs of the clients andcommunities we serve. We are dedicated to exceeding expectations and leaving asustainable legacy.
We have an established presence in the UK andIreland with the support of our global resource pool.
Ferrovial is a world-leading provider ofinfrastructure services delivering end to end capabilities over the entireasset lifecycle. This provides our diverse range of clients with a positivelegacy through our integrated approach, ensuring consistently high standards ofexcellence in delivery. Value creation is at the heart of everything we do.
Ferrovial is seeking to recruit a proven Trainingand On-Boarding Manager. The primaryfocus of this role will involve working with the business to create acompetence and training programme, including designing training programmes andworking with our immersive on-boarding provider, to meet the strategic businessobjectives of the Project.
In the context of this role ‘On-Boarding’ is thedelivery of traditional construction focussed induction using interactive andimmersive methods. It will be deliveredto recipients by a specialist subcontractor. Orientation in the context of this role is the delivery of a moretraditional style project site Induction which is locale specific and moretraditional in nature for content and delivery.
· Have theability to actively influence strategy upwards where there are clearrequirements from business unit level.
· Understandand challenge business unit training and competence requirements and work with businessfunctions about programme constraints and effective methods of delivery.
· Work incollaboration with subject matter experts to propose and agree competence matricesfor all job roles.
· Rationaliseand enhance training and competence matrix to ensure that it complies withParent Company, HS2 and JV business requirements.
· Conductgap analysis and continue to analyse the business unit training plans to ensurecompliance requirements are being managed effectively and developmentrequirements are being prioritised and managed in line with business unitbudget.
· Configureand implement IT system to manage all relevant On-Boarding, Orientation and trainingand competence records
· Seek fundingsources for training provision, proposing solutions to capitalise on fund availability.
· Undertakeregular communication with Senior Management Team and budget holders asrequired.
· Manageall aspects of the On-Boarding subcontract including the development of thetraining facility, immersive content and other general subcontract aspects.
· Manageall aspects of the Orientation sessions, including the team of five (5)facilitators.
· Manageadministrative team for On-Boarding, Orientation and Training co-ordinators.
Skills & experience
· CompetentTraining or Learning and Development Manager with proven experience insuccessfully leading, managing, implementing and delivering learning anddevelopment interventions in a commercial environment (preferably in theconstruction or other regulated sector)
· Experienceof developing a training and competence matrix with the ability to influence awide range of stakeholders and balance conflicting requirements
· Up todate knowledge of L&D or Training and Competence best practice strategiesand interventions
· Effectivenetworking, relationship building and written/verbal communication skills
· Strongmanagement and organisational skills with the ability to work on owninitiative, to tight deadlines in a demanding environment
· Collaborativeteam player with the ability to work effectively with a range of internal andexternal stakeholders and partners
· Proficientin Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Experienceof managing multiple projects simultaneously
≥5 years’ experience managing Training and Development or On-Boarding
GCSE English and Maths
Recognised Leadership or Management qualification, e.g. ILM
Full UK Driving License
≥3 years’ experience managing Training and Development or On-Boarding in a regulated environment, e.g. construction, nuclear, etc.
Degree in relevant subject
Cert Ed or Dip Ed
CIPD Associate Member
Project ManagerAylesbury, , United Kingdom Long term Management Posted on 18 April, 2020
Assistants Consents ManagerAylesbury, , United Kingdom Long term Management Posted on 18 April, 2020
Create your personalized job alert
Get emails about oppotunities that fit your preferences
If you do not find a suited job you can send us your cv and we will get in touch
Create your personalized alert
Fields with an asterisk are mandatory *
You are done! We have sent a confimation emailFinish
It seems that something has gone wrong. Please, try again.Try again